Young Mental Health First Aid Training : Who is it for?
This course is for people who would like to develop their skills by undertaking the Youth MHFA, which is an internationally recognised training programme designed specifically for those people that teach, work, or care for young people aged 11 to 18.
This course covers…
- How to support you to work with the 1 in 10 young people who experience emotional and mental health problems.
- Understand the issues around young people and mental health
- Understand how to guide a young person towards the right support
Participants will be able to…
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem in young people
- Feel confident helping a young person experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis and help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
- Help prevent a mental health illness from getting worse
- Help a young person recover faster and guide a young person towards the right support
21st-22nd September and 23rd-24th November plus 12-13th October 2015
For further information : Baker, Lorraine firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking a place: